Re: Reliability Question Again

While I do not have as may miles on my ST as Paul, I do have around
15,300 miles, without anything I consider to be major.  My husband's ST
is right behind mine with 12,000 + on it.  There were a few hiccups with
mine, such as the ignition wiring, sump bolt recall, and the battery.  I
consider the first to be a fault in a first year model bike, and the
battery was simply an annoyance.  The recall also only affected a
certain vin range of bikes.  Richard's bike had to have the wiring
rerouted and experienced the same battery failure, but has otherwise
been fine as well.  We both have the heated grips and have not had any
problems with them. I had my valves adjusted at 6,000 and 12,000.  At
6,000, I had two that were a little to open and at 12,000, if I am
remembering correctly, they were just fine.  Richard had his done only
at 12,000, and two were SLIGHTLY too tight.

We've really been enjoying this pair, and I can really imagine riding
anything else.  I did have the good fortune to get to test ride and RS.
It was under 100 miles, so I had to keep her revs low, which was painful
as she really wanted to go!  It's a really nice bike and feels
significanly lighter than the ST and certainly isn't as wide.  I enjoyed
her, and would like to take her out when I can let her go, but I still
like my hard bags and full fairing.

We would not hesitate to recommend an ST (or an RS) to anyone!

Lisa & Richard White
Houston, Texas
'99 Sprint ST (x2)