RE: Reliablity Question Again

The only electrical fault I have had is a loose battery
connection, which I fixed by screwing it in all the way. The prep
work on my bike was apparently a little casual, if you know what I
mean. The only widespread electrical problem I can recall was that
some early bikes had a zip tie that held the ignition wires to
close to the clutch cable. Triumph stopped doing that and the
problem has not resurfaced.

I have had a minor corrosion problem inside my ignition switch,
but that's because I washed it with the key in it a couple of
times (I am a slow learner sometimes). A squirt of spray lubricant
seems to have fixed it right up.

> Have Triumph indicated that a new part is on the drawing board ?

Not as far as I know. Aaron at Pro-Italia is going to check with
them and see if they have encountered the problem and have a
solution for it. My fingers are crossed.