Paniers are On! (and Shoei RF-800)

After 2 days, and a trip to the hardware store, my 3 panier set is on
(finally).  The process as a whole wasn't that bad, though it required
reading the instructions several times.  Also, I had to keep in mind that
their were overlapping/conflicting steps for the 2 side bags vs. the top
bad.  It'd be nice if Triumph would rework their instructions into a
complete 3 bag install, and also include additional diagrams, or even photos
of the install.  (There were a few times where I removed the wrong bolts due
to  poorly defined instructions.

Addionally, I had to purchase new bolts, 2 M8x40 bolts for the top rack (The
instructions called for recaping a pair of M8x40mm's used to hold on the
grab rail, which were in reality M8x20mm) and also new screws for the
latches on the top box.  The 4 supplied screws were too long at 3/4" and
needed to be 5/8"

Do the British refer to bolts as screws, in addition to screws?  That was
another confusing item.

Oh well.  The deed is done, and looks good.  The end of the week is supposed
to hit the mid 60's here in Washington DC / North. VA. I may have to break
the bike out tomorrow for 55 degrees.

- --Joel

00 Sprint ST (Blue)

PS.  I noticed the posts concerning the Shoei RF-800 Helmets, and I don't
know if this is normal, but I'm 5'5" short, and a Medium sized RF-800 is too
small for my head.  What do you tall folks do?  And who  can actually wear a
small other than children?