UK ST Prices

Ann - At 03:39 23/02/2000 EST, you wrote:

>Hi Mort and Jonathon,
>There is currently a media drive to shame the manufacturers/dealers into
>dropping their prices for us brits, but there hasn't been  much success.
The
>government apparently set up a committee last year to look into the price
>differences, but I have to say I am rather cynical about the outcome.  I
>don't know if any other brit has anything to say on this?  Ann   Kent,
Britain

Cynical, cynical or just honest. Lets face it Ann, the Goverment may seem
to complain about prices but do they really want to reduce them and loose
out on the extra tax they get with high prices.

At the end of the day the same could be said of Triumph. Why does it charge
such high prices, it isn't because of shipping. I know diesel is high but
does it really cost two grand plus to transport a bike within the UK.

I'm sure if someone asked Triumph why the price difference the same lame
excuse of 'we charge what the market will alow' will be heard. The recent
price rise to £8,599 (I think this is the new price) was blamed on the
exchange rate against the Yen. If we ask all our other listeners to comment
and Triumph have been fair every other country should have also gone up by
two hundred pounds!!

But at the end of the day, people like you and I who pay what Triumph want
because we like the bike will only encourage more of the same action.

Ouch!!, sorry just fell of my soap box but I feel quite strongly about
living in 'rip off Britain' as it is now commonly being called.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

(Blue ST ownership in 9 days)
(Single figures as last, roll on next Friday...)