Re: taxes

Sorry to disappoint you Ann, but it's my understanding that you will have to
pay the following on entry into the UK.

First you must get the CIF value of the bike which includes insurance and
freight costs to the UK Port or Airport

Then import duty is applied on the above total at 6 per cent +250cc  or 8
per cent -250cc

Then VAT payable at 17.5 per cent on the total value including duty.

So, I have no idea what the CIF costs would be but let's say 6800 GBP +  300
GBP = 7100 GBP
Duty Payable 426 GBP
VAT Payable on 7526 GBP = 1317 GBP
TOTAL COST 8843 GBP

I Think this makes it cheaper to buy it in the UK