Garage miles...

Antony "Scotus" wrote:

> Wow, it must have taken ages to do 250 miles in your garage. I presume
> your garage is big enough to go round in a circle, otherwise you would
> have pushed it backwards as much as forwards and not moved the guage
> forwards.
>
> Personally I think you'll find the break in more effective if you ride
> it out on the road.
> (Since over here we have most types of weather each day I get used to
> riding in the rain)

Well, Antony, as the other Californians can testify, all of us are young,
handsome (or beautiful) and wealthy, just as you see on television. We live
in mansions on the beach or in the hills. My garage, for example, contains a
1/10 scale version of the Nurburgring...although some of the corners do get
tight at that scale and it's hard for the gardener to keep the trees growing
indoors...<vbg>

> I have a smoke colour ZG double bubble screen on my blue ST. It looks
> great. It makes the idiot lights slightly easier to see (due to the
> darker colour). As for wind protection, it made a little
> difference for
> me, but perhaps not as much as I was hoping. I'm 6'3". I've heard of
> other guys on the list who've experienced a more marked
> improvement. So
> I guess if you are 6' or under then you should see a worthwhile
> difference.

OK at 5'10" it should be perfect. Any 'normal-sized' listers have experience
with this??

And serious thanks for the input...

Marc Danziger
95 Speed Triple "Strumpet"