Intro

Greetings to all.  I've just subscribed so wanted to introduce myself.
Unfortunately, it's not going to be anything as interesting as the bike
magazine writer in Canada.  Now that sounds like a killer job.

My name is Brent Bailey and I'm in Houston, Texas, land of zero hills and
even less curves.  Still, riding is a blast even in this terrain.  Two months
ago I got a '00 ST (sapphire blue) after riding a Virago 750 for 5 years.
Needless to say, there's a little difference there.  I was looking for
something with a "little" more kick and have been blown away by what I got.
The mags were all spot on in their descriptions of this bike.  I installed
the factory tall windscreen which I've found to be very helpful (even given
my 6'1" frame) and also got a Corbin seat with backrest (a very comfortable
seat).  The latter was a requirement by the wife and kids so I could still
drop the kids off at school without fear of their flying off the backside.
My fourth grade daughter is the coolest kid in school, by far, when we pull
up into the parent drive!  The teachers all look at me with total scorn ("How
could he put his daughter in such danger?"), but what the heck.

I've scanned through a few of the mailing lists digests and have already
picked up a lot of great maintenance tips.  I'm looking forward to even more
as more people get experience with the '00 model.

Brent (no nickname, yet)