On the road again...

Hi All:

One thing I have always hated about owning British bikes was
the spring first-time-of-the-season starting procedure, which
with other makes is simply called a rebuild.  So I was not
looking forward to getting NotRed out of its winter spot at
the front of the garage and getting it back into action.

Last winter I put Stabil in the tank, ran it long enough to
get the Stabil into the fuel gallery, and then put it on the
battery tender and covered it for the winter.  That was all
the prep I did.  This was at the end of November, about three
months ago.

But the weather here has been nice more or less all week, and
I got my latest project done, so I finally had a weekend.  So
it was time to do the dirty deed.

I took the bike off the battery tender, moved it to the now-
empty third garage stall.  I put in the key, and the dash lit
up.  The fuel pump ran for about the normal time.  So far so
good.  So I hit the starter button, she cranked the typical
three times, and lit up like she had been ridden yesterday.

Nifty.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx