Re: Fronting Up

Stainless Steel windshield fasteners may mess up the paint.  Be sure to use nylon washers!!!  Some form of quick release fasteners may work out well for those with multiple windshields.  I would leave the bottom two (ones that screw into the dash) fixed, and notch the lower windshield holes so that the shield will slide into position without removing the bottom two fasteners.  ...then have the others snap in???  ...or maybe have the bottom two as described and have the windshields sit in an extruded aluminum rail and somehow lock or latch the ends??  Doing this may also give a little bit of tunability of the windsheild angle.  Has anyone done this???....or have I not taken enough Prozac today?  I have both the stock and tall windshield, but would like to be able to switch them out in quicker time, without dicking with well (hell) nuts and easily stripped/crossthreaded plastic fasteners with a ????? flat head slot...for which my screwdrivers love to pop out of and scratch paint.

Speaking of fasteners, Anodized (red, blue, or black respectively) fasteners holding the fairing and front fender to the bike my look kind of neat.  I guess you may be able to buy anodized fasteners, or possibly anodize them yourself with one of those electroplating kits.  Hmmm.  Has anyone done this?