Re: Miscellaneous questions

Patti,
  My  Sprint was very difficult to shift when new, especially when cold.  Happily
this went away with the first oil change.  I noticed an improvement after about 10
miles and the gear change is smooth and easy now.  I think the break in oil has
different friction properties and the transmission was designed to work best with
the regular oil.
  As far as the clutch lever, check out the kit sold by Triumph to reduce the pull
span.  The kit is meant to upgrade the '99 lever to the current '00 spec.  Of
course, if you have a '00 bike you already have the upgrade.

Hope this helps,
Dan