Corbin Seats

Patti wrote:

I love the bike except when I'm trying to park it... then I'm reminded
of Abe Lincoln's famous quote that a man's legs should be just long
enough to reach the ground.  Mine barely are.  Would I be better off
talking to Corbin or Sargent?  I'm not too far from Hollister, so I
could easily go down to Corbin and deal with them in person.

Patti - Someone else last week had the same question concerning the Corbin
seat - does it make it easier or harder to touch the ground.  The consensus
seems to be that it is higher off the ground than the stock seat, although
that may not be due to true height.  The difference I noticed is that the
Corbin is wider at the tank which makes the legs spread further apart.  This,
in turn, makes you ride up on your toes more and gives the feeling, at least,
of being higher off the ground.  So, if you're already having trouble with
the stock seat, I'd suggest staying away from the Corbin.

For anyone else out there interested in the Corbin with legs that can handle
it (I've got a 6'1" frame), it's a great seat.  It's very firm and
comfortable and the leather feels great.  I ordered mine with the Royal Blue
welts but was somewhat disappointed that the color wasn't a very good match
for the Sapphire Blue ST.  The welts were too light.  Maybe Corbin will offer
a darker blue in the future.  As for the seat, its sculpted front and back
really improve the ride for the passenger, especially with the backrest
option.  The passenger gets to sit more upright which, for the driver,
lessens the occurrence of the dreaded helmet knocking.  Plus, if you "get" to
take your mother-in-law for cruises every so often, as I get to do, she
doesn't feel like she had to lean all over you to hang on.  That could be
worth the price of admission by itself.

Brent Bailey
'00 ST