Hello ST, good-bye TBS

Thanks to all who replied concerning my recent indecision on whether to trade
my '99 T-Bird Sport on a '00 ST. It's probably no surprise that the
overwhelming majority said "go for it" And that's what I did! I was having
second thoughts while riding the TBS up to Hermy's (my dealer), why does a
bike (or car) seem to run so exceptionally well when you've just made the
decision to part with it? Anyway, all doubts just melted away on the ride
home on the new ST. It was tough keeping it at under 3500 RPMs, so I took all
back roads home. This bike handles like a dream, and the ride is sporty yet
plush (compared to the TBS). I'm at 75 miles now, so a short ride on Sunday
will get me up to 100, then I can use a few more RPMs...here's hoping this
relatively mild weather will hold out for the next few days. So far, I've
added only the carbon fiber tank protector, and Hermy has ordered the seat
cowl, and I removed the rear passenger grab rail for a cleaner, sleeker look.
I owned a Honda VFR-800 about 1 1/2 years ago, this ST is much more fun,
better looking  - especially in black  :>)  and the power is significantly
more noticeable. (I put about 150 miles on blue demo a few months ago - so I
have a pretty good idea of how a broken in one feels).
So if anyone spot a black ST prowling the back roads of Chester/Lancastor
Counties, (Pa), that's probably me...

John Heinzer
'00 ST

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website