Re: Scottoiler mounting location?

David Arnett wrote:

> I mounted mine under the fairing tail, on the left side, just
> forward of the taillight, aft of the grabrail mounting holes.

I looked at that location, too, but it didn't look like the resevoir
would fit very well. Obviously, I didn't try hard enough! My other
concern was that it looked kind of tough to get at to adjust the flow
rate.

> To find vacuum, you must use the special "T" fitting, not normally
> supplied with the ScottOiler kit.

Thanks to earlier discussions on this list I was alerted to the need for
this fitting and ordered it at the same time.

> It does make a little mess, on the underside of the fairing tail
> from chain fling, and will drip oil from the drive sproket cover
> when the drip rate is excessive, but it is worth it.  I never have
> to "clean the chain" or spray that other shit, which has oversprayed
> on the exhaust, rear brake disk, rear tire, and other areas.

I agree -- I hate spraying the chain, too. Even though it only takes a
couple of minutes, it's the last thing I want to do after a ride and I
don't like cleaning up the overspray, either. I hope I can find a
setting to minimize fling and drip -- the only other person I've seen
who's fitted one (on a VFR) also had a problem with drip off the front.
Maybe a different oil would do the trick?

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP
McLean, VA

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website