Re: Scottoiler mounting location?

From: Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>> To find vacuum, you must use the special "T" fitting, not normally
>> supplied with the ScottOiler kit.
>
>Thanks to earlier discussions on this list I was alerted to the need for
>this fitting and ordered it at the same time.

    What's this week's word from Triumph about voiding the warranty by doing
this?

>I hope I can find a
>setting to minimize fling and drip -- the only other person I've seen
>who's fitted one (on a VFR) also had a problem with drip off the front.

    I have heard of people who manage this.  When I've had a Scottoiler
fitted I usually comfort myself with the thought of the extra corrosion
protection ;-)

>Maybe a different oil would do the trick?

    Some people swear by chainsaw oil but I've never tried it myself.

    While I'm posting, I'll add my membership to the Dreaded List :-(  To
skew the statistics, it was all my own fault.  It happened just about a
month ago now, but I've been feeling too stupid to post about it...

    The bike is still perfectly rideable, but ... I went down on the right
hand side at low speed, damaging most of the right hand side of the bike -
the bar end weight, front fairing panels, footrest and hanger, brake lever,
top box, exhaust can and, as an added bonus, I've cracked a weld in the
downpipe, just forward of the join to the can (yes, it's definitely a crack
in the weld).  The mechanic also put the frame on his damage estimate, but
as it's only a scuff on the lacquer I doubt that the insurance company's
engineer will go for it.  Plus the usual bits and pieces.  Total estimate:
GBP3,372.25 =8-O  That's about USD5,400, but it'll probably drop to around
GBP1,700 (USD2,700) when they knock off the frame (GBP839 for the frame,
plus 16 hours labour, plus 17.5% tax).

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_            I apologise for my obvious ignorance,
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___  I shall now take myself outside, cover
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-' myself in happy shopper oil, and set
                / /\\    \--'_ \\ light to my knackers.
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                    -- Robert Nelson-Cox

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website