Re: fuel pump

At 06:09 PM 01/05/2000 -0500, Bryce von Bonin wrote:
 >The pump certainly does stop after only 2 seconds (and before engine start),
 >but it's normal noise is isn't this chugging whine. The length of the noise
 >gets less with each on/off cycle - no more than 4 and it's back to normal.

Correct - sorry I was not very clear in the previous message - I did not
mean to imply that the whine was the sound of the normal operation of the
fuel pump. That noise is associated with the pump bringing the system
pressure to the required 3 bar. I am not sure if it the pump that is
actually making this noise or some other component in the system (like the
pressure relief valve).

In any event that noise that you hear when turning the key over initially
is normal.

- - Eric

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website