Re: Scottoiler mounting location?

    What's this week's word from Triumph about voiding the warranty by doing
this?

- -From what I have heard, only warranty claims that are directly affected by vacuum disfunctions caused by installation of the ScottOiler will not be honored as warranty work.  To install the "T" fitting, the corregated Triumph vacuum line is cut, and the rubber fitting slid on.  If done improperly, plastic cut boogers from the line may cause problems if left in the line, so as with anything else, cleanliness is key....not to mention if the rubber "T" is put on half assed, which can become a good source for vacuum leaks, or an improperly routed vacuum line being susceptible to damage.   I am not really too worried about it!  I cannot see how Triumph can warranty the workmanship of ScottOiler, regardless of who installs the thing.

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website