RE: Triumph Heated Grips

For whoever was thinking about fitting heated grips...it's quite an easy
job, can be done with the Triumph underseat toolkit plus a Swiss Army knife
and a small file to cut the hole in the fairing (although a fretsaw and a
drill would have been easier!)

The job can also be done in three parts, 1) fit the grips to the bars 2) fit
the switch 3) install the wiring, and you'll still have a rideable bike in
between, so if you have limited time you can spread it over three evenings.
Total time was a couple hours including sawing away at the fairing with the
Swiss Army Knife - I'd use proper tools if I actually lived in one place
long enough to have a workshop!

The right grip does get a bit hotter than the left, partly because the
rubber is thinner but also I think because you tend to take your left hand
off the bars more often and if you're going fast the air cools the grip down
when your hand is off it.  Well, that's what seemed to be happening here in
just-above-freezing Germany yesterday.

I fitted the switch on the fixed part of the fairing just in front of the
bars, not in the place on the removable part as shown in the Triumph
instructions.  I mailed a photo to Eric, but maybe it didn't get through -
if anyone wants to see the photo EMail me off list at andersng@xxxxxx

Neil

 The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by the Unofficial ST Website