Re: Schuberth Concept

> ... I've had one since Christmas. I had the chance to look at one
> closely last fall, and later, actually borrow a friend's for a day.
> Based on that experience, I ordered one ASAP, and I'm very happy with it.

> Duner Tor
> Bozeman MT

I just looked at the web site and have always wondered about the safety
aspect of this style helmet.  Specifically, the chin guard really is a
nice feature when your face impacts the ground, and the few crash
helmets I have seen have significant scaring on the front (chin and
shield).  My concern then is how well will these chins hold up in an
accident?  Will the latch come undone allowing the guard to rise and
expose my face to the rough pavement.  Does anyone have any experience
with this?

Also, I have heard that these type helmets generate additional wind
noise because of the extra seams the wind is passing over.  The premise
here is that the smoother the helmets surface is, the less wind noise
that will be generated.

..Richard White