Don't believe weather men!

Well they said the snow wasn't suppose to start until Noon. Ha! So, I
leave early for work. The plan it to put the bike under cover in our
parking garage. I no sooner leave the house then a few flakes start to
fly. No problem. I should be to work and before anything really shows
up, so I commit to  the interstate. Then it starts coming down harder.
May be just an isolated event. It gets worse, I can barely see the cars
ahead not to mention the lanes are beginning to get covered.
Unfortunately I don't have a lot of options at this point. So keep on to
work.

This REALLY is not fun. Lanes have snow on them in traffic doing 30+,
big trucks. I make it to the exit. I put out the landing gear and crawl
off the highway. Well  wouldn't you know it, end of the off ramp I
finally manage to drop the bike. The bike never skipped a beat. I was
able to stay with it by hanging onto a handle bar. When it stopped I got
up and hit the kill.

I must say the bike lifts surprisingly easily. My 85 Interceptor was a
bear to get up off it's side. Seeing how I was getting a lot of help
from passing cars.

I managed to slip slide it to our nearest building and there it sits.
Some scratches on the faring around the air whole and on the bags and
mirror. The locking tabs on the bag frame broke so it doesn't lock to
the bike.

Who needs body armor when you have a pager :). Didn't even tear my
jeans. Scuffed up the elbow on my nice new Triumph Retro jacket :(. All
said I got away lightly. Just major Stupid.

- --
                                                    _
Neil Halbert                  _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/ '_) EMC Corporation
email: halbert@xxxxxxx       _/--/  _/ -'_/ _/     /__ 171 South Street
voice: (508) 435-1000 x1232 _/_/_/ _/   _/  _/_/       Hopkinton, MA
01748