alarms and battery (was Re: ouch!)

  Mark> Tim,
  Mark>      I'm on my 3rd battery since April now after
  Mark> experiencing similar problems. Although I  have the
  Mark> alarm fitted, which does drain the battery, mine
  Mark> wouldn't start. The dealer cocked up replacing the
  Mark> second battery and apparently prepared it incorrectly.
  Mark> Since having the 3rd battery all seems well but they
  Mark> do recommend using an Optimate to maintain the battery
  Mark> condition.

	Hey Mark,

  Is this dependant on how often it gets ridden?  I've got the alarm
coming on mine (oh and the pain of waiting for this damn bike is
killing me!), and now I'm having second thoughts about having it
installed (it's not too late, sorta unfortunately).  If I ride it a
couple times a week, do you think that will keep it charged?

- --
- -jong