Re: Brakes and stuff

Leatherbiker wrote:

> Jim
> frankly, you may suggest anything you want.

	:-)

	Some people seem to treat Lilleys as a Holy Cow, but the mechanics
there are human just like the rest of us.

> you're probably right.
> for an initial service, I'm sure they only allocate a certain
> slot, and since I had to wait around while they were doing it,
> such major surgery could have taken longer than I was willing to
> wait.

	It took me at least an hour to do both front calipers.

> Dare I ask whether it's reasonable to have to have the brakes
> cleaned after 1200 miles?

	No, I don't think it is.  Unfortunately some bikes seem more prone than
others to seized brakes, and the Sprint ST appears to fall into this
category :-(

> See others' messages for how to actually do the pedal. There is
> a limit to how far down it will go - about 1 inch, I think.

	An inch should be more than enough :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_              ZXRs and ZX7Rs are definite hooligan
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___    tackle. You can tell by the exhaust
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'   note, intake rasp, and number of
                / /\\    \--'_ \\   them in breakers yards
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- Neil Ronketti