Re: How to steal an ST

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Eric Sheley wrote:

> Not just the Triumphs - I saw a video that FDLE put together of Bike Week
> theft coverage over the last few years and it would amaze you at the ease
> that the thieves can start the bikes and just ride away. Of course if they
> really want your bike, they just pull up with a panel van, have four guys
> grab it, toss it in the back and drive away.....
>
> A friend of mine lost his Fat Boy in the middle of the afternoon in front
> of Daytona Harley three years ago with cops all around.......

If it was not for the fact that it was illegal to create a man
trap, I would create an alarm system that would be able to deliver
a 10,000 or so volt charge when it figures out someone is moving
it.

Of course, here in the states, it that was to happen the thief
would drop the bike on their foot, thus causing permanent injury,
and even thou the person could not hold down a decent job in the
first place, I would then have to support the sod for the rest of
his natural life.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5025 Arapaho Road, Suite 406, Dallas, 75248
(972) 851-6945 (voice)  (972) 851-6944 (fax)