Re: How to steal an ST

Thomas Emberson wrote:

> If it was not for the fact that it was illegal to create a man
> trap, I would create an alarm system that would be able to deliver
> a 10,000 or so volt charge when it figures out someone is moving
> it.
>
> Of course, here in the states, it that was to happen the thief
> would drop the bike on their foot, thus causing permanent injury,
> and even thou the person could not hold down a decent job in the
> first place, I would then have to support the sod for the rest of
> his natural life.

A friend of mine had his Ducati 900SS stolen during the night from a
motel parking lot last summer on the Oregon coast.  Later that night
the two teenage punks that stole it tried to outrun cops but only
succeeded in crashing hard on a curve.  The bike is up and running
again but last I heard one of the teens is still in the hospital on
life support.  Justice?  Probably a bit severe.  Maybe.

By the way said friend is now planning on a Sprint ST after borrowing
mine but that is another story.

Gary