rainsuit

Jim:
I don't have any words of wisdom about rainsuits however, I can tell you
about the Dainese gortex stuff I wear year round.  I've got the pegaso
jacket and the p. liegi(sp?) pants.  They are both gortex.  The jacket
is awesome.  I've been in stompin' rain for over an hour and not a drop
gets in.  Also, the jacket does not have chest venting however, it is so
breathable and flexible it is an absolute delight to wear.  Feels like
any heavy spring jacket would plus it has CE composite armour in the
elbows, forearms and shoulders - nothing in the back(only drawback as
far as I'm concerned).  The pants are equally impressive.  They are only
avaiable in black so they do tend to be warmer than the jacket but, are
equally comfortable.  I've had two minor slideouts and the pants still
look brand new and the jacket has some minor scuffing on the forearm.

Sorry this could not be more directly related to your question but, I
was in a similar situation three years ago and could not afford a
different jacket and pants plus rainsuit for the different extremes we
get here in CT.  The Dainese performs excellent year round and without
compromise IMHO.  Electrics are still necessary below 40 degrees F.

Here's to dry ridin'
Greg