OT: Suzuki SV650, Was (Re: A triple for triples.)

>I wonder how much Suzuki lost just because they wouldn't release the full
>faired
>SV650 in the US.

There were two things I expected to see this year at the motorcycle show,
because every magazine review mentioned the lack of them:

1. Importing the faired SV650 into the US

2. A VFR with factory saddlebags

Neither showed up, which shows how little the manufacturers care about
public input. When I wrote the American Suzuki rep about the SV650, their
response was that they would have to sell the faired version for about
$1000 more than the unfaired, making it sell for around $6500. Seeing that
I almost paid twice that for the Sprint, I don't think that would have
turned away too many customers. Why they didn't provide the choice when
they were making both models anyways (and selling both to our neighbors to
the north) I'll never understand. It certainly soured my opinion of Suzuki
though.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com