Hugger

I am sure everyone will be relieved to learn that I have successfully
installed my Jack Lilley Carbon Fiber rear hugger. I approached the job with
some apprehension, in few of the difficulties others have reported,
especially since I had not only the rear brake line to contend with, but also
the Scott  Oiler line, and the pannier bracket,including the pannier-specific
lift handle, all of which were potentially in the way.
However I found that with the bike on the centerstand, and the rear wheel
drooping slightly, afer removing the stock chain guard, there was room to put
the hugger in from the rear, up and over the wheel, and in its proper
orientation, ie not reversed, as some have recommended. I didn't have to
remove the caliper-the brake line slipped over the end of the hugger easily,
and fit nicely in the tunnel created by the removable brake line cover
supplied. Perhaps the JL hugger is smaller than the stock one? I ended up
with a little stepped washer-spacer left over-not sure where it came from,
but all the screws tightened up nicely-the holes were in just the right
places. I made good use of my allen wrench socket attachment, with a
universal joint and extension bar, to turn the screws on the inner side of
the chain.
The job complete, and the panniers back on, I stepped back to admire it- oh,
if only it showed a bit more! I wonder if Steve sells a CF rear mudguard
extension?