Re: power down

At 01:35 AM 01/24/2000 -0500, TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >My owner's manual says shut down using ignition switch only. The cutoff
 >switch is to be used for emergencies only.
 >If you have stopped the engine with the ignition switch, why would you want
 >to also use the cutoff?

That was exactly (almost) his question. The Motorcycle Safety Foundation
teaches to switch the bike off using the kill switch. As Greg pointed out
one of the reasons that they stress that is to keep new riders hands on the
bars until the motor stops running. However it also trains you to go for
that switch in an emergency, so hopefully if you  are sitting under a bike
(crash) and need to turn it off, there is no delay in looking for the
switch. If you always use the key that is probably what you will go looking
for in an emergency.

Greg's big question was if this would in some way harm the electrical
system and I offered that it had not for me on any of my past or current
Triumphs.

- - Eric