Re: power down

>My question is: will any harm come to the bike or electrical system by
>using the engine cutoff first, then the ignition switch.  I'm hoping
>that Triumph suggests the reverse in an effort to keep us from killing
>batteries otherwise I'm going to have to break this habit.

What's the point of regularly using the engine cutoff switch? I've always
been under the impression it was for cutting the motor in an emergency, and
in over 20 years of riding, that's all I've ever used it for. I don't see
any advantage in using it to kill the motor first before turning the
ignition off. It might slow down a real stupid thief for about two more
seconds, but other than that, what's the point?

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com