Jongs new bike

       I have a tale of woe for all you out there in ST land...

  This past Saturday, I got a call around 9AM from the dealer telling
me that my bike would be ready to be picked up at 3:30 that afternoon
(only a week and a half from the time I ordered it...not bad!).

  I made myself busy the rest of the day trying not to think about it,
because I was starting to go sorta postal knowing it was almost ready
to pick up.  Finally at 3 I couldn't wait any longer, and got my
fiancee to drive me out there.

  I got to the dealer and there was the bike, gorgeous blue, 3 box
pannier set, alarm, heated grips, hugger, and all mine.  I played with the
alarm (it turns out that you cannot disarm it!  Wierd, but kinda
cool...you can never forget to arm it.)

  We sat down to do the paperwork.  It's 3:55 on a Saturday.  He asks
how I'm going to pay for it.  "Finance" I say.  He looks at me in
horror.  "Oh shit.  Really?".  The credit approval office closes at
4pm on saturdays.  He faxes over the credit app, calls the office, but
can't get it shoved through.

  He apologizes profusely but says that he can't give me the bike.
AAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!  I can't believe it!  It's so gorgeous, but I can't
take it!  I'm going to freak out right there in the store!

  Around here, all motorcycle dealers are close Sunday and Monday.  I
am picking it up at 9am tomorrow.  Any suggestions on things that I
should double check before taking delivery?

  I can hardly sit still in my office at work, and I already told
folks I'd be late tomorrow, as I was taking an alternate route to
work...at least 100 miles out of my way!

- --
- -jong