Re: Sticker goo

Keith Winter wrote:

> I notice that there is some kind of goo under the safety stickers on
> the air box.  Those stickers must go immediately; what do folks
> use to get the goo off?  Any suggestions?

When I asked this earlier, folks recommended WD-40, light machine oil,
bug & tar remover, white spirits, Pro Honda spray polish, and Goo Gone.
After peeling the stickers off with a fingernail, I used Goo Gone to
clean off the residue since I already owned some. Then I followed-up
with a few sprays of Fast Shine from Griot's Garage and a clean cloth.
Fast Shine is one of those spray polishes/quick detailers, much like the
Pro Honda spray (I guess). No adverse effects! I actually went on to use
Goo Gone to get rid of some chain fling/overspray on the swingarm, too,
and it worked well for that also.

Best response, BTW, goes to David Arnett: "ride fast enough and they'll
come off". :-)

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting