Re: Jim's VFR wanting friend...

At 12:21 27/01/2000 +0000, you wrote:

>	Now, does anyone know how I can save a friend from buying a VFR?  I've
>instructed him to go *immediately* to his nearest Triumph dealer and
>have a test ride :-)
>
>                Jim

Jim,

I too wanted a VFR and went as far as hiring one for a few days to see how
it went. Both my wife and I liked the bike but decided on the ST as it has
more torque for what was a small price difference (this was onr of the main
selling point for me as I am a lazy rider when it comes to gears) prior to
the price increase.

However the VFR seems to be available at a good price at the moment which
makes the ST in the UK quite expensive by comparison, especially since
Triumph increased it's prices. The Triumph dealers I phoned around for a
price before buying all said they think Triumph had made a mistake by
increasing the price.

A Triumph will, in March be part of the family and I can't wait. At the end
of the day, as other readers of this news group have pointed out a test
ride makes the decision for you. Every time I went into my local dealers
Woods in Abergele they tried to get me on the bike for a test ride, so the
persistance of Martin, my initial contact at Woods payed off, and an order
was placed.

The other deciding factor on an ST was a visit to the factory. Like most
other companies they probably only show the good bits. Being able to see
the producion and company approach of how other ST bikes were produced was
the icing on the cake as far as deciding on which to buy.

Your UK based so if a test ride doesn't convince your friend take him to
the factory who are only too willing to meet members of the general public.
I will make it a point of call when I get the bike as the wife complained I
didn't take her there last time I visited.

The bike in areas may be a little wanting and have a few problem but at
least our comments are noted by the company, how else would Ross be able to
comment on the power down sequence. This in the long term can only produce
an even better ST MarkII, The waiting for ST MarkI is killing me so God
help the heart when Triumph produce the MarkII.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

(Blue ST ownership in 36 days...and counting...)