Re: rainsuit, now Dainese..

- --=====================_4341590==_.ALT

Greg I was the Dainese Rep for about a year and can attest to their
outstanding quality and exceptional armor. Yes they are styled to fit. They
are not of the Aerostich school of design, big or bulky. They are an
Italian company, sort of the Armani of motorcycle aparel! As for the
trousers they are NOT designed as over pants. If this is what you want I
would recommend a Pegaso (or the new Mamba jacket) with Aerostich Darrien
pants the Darrien pants are designed as over pants. The Dainese pants have
a removable insulated liner so they really don't fit right with jeans
under. Any other questions about Dainese let me know.

Erik

- --=====================_4341590==_.ALT

to their outstanding quality and exceptional armor. Yes they are styled
to fit. They are not of the Aerostich school of design, big or bulky.
They are an Italian company, sort of the Armani of motorcycle aparel! As
for the trousers they are NOT designed as over pants. If this is what you
want I would recommend a Pegaso (or the new Mamba jacket) with Aerostich
Darrien pants the Darrien pants are designed as over pants. The Dainese
pants have a removable insulated liner so they really don't fit right
with jeans under. Any other questions about Dainese let me know. <br>
Erik<br>
At 07:23 AM 1/22/00 -0500, you wrote:<br>
This month's Rider magazine has an excellent comparison test of about
20<br>
riding suits and they rate the Dainese Pegaso as one of the best.&nbsp;
One of<br>
the details they identify for each of the suits is whether or not the
pants<br>
can be put on without removing your riding boots - an important feature,
as<br>
far as I'm concerned.&nbsp; However, they left out this bit of
information in<br>
their review of the Pegaso, so perhaps you could enlighten me?<br>
Also, the review says that the Dainese suit is fairly tight fitting
(less<br>
bulky, more stylish) and that the pants are meant to be worn next to
the<br>
skin and not over top of jeans.&nbsp; Is this how you wear yours?&nbsp; I
was thinking<br>
of buying a larger size pair of the pants, so that I could wear them on
top<br>
of a pair of jeans.&nbsp; Comments?<br>
Finally, for those of you talking about rainsuits, in the Rider
comparison<br>
test they turned a hose on each suit for 5 minutes with the wearer seated
on<br>
a bike to test for leaks.&nbsp; They then identify which suits leaked and
which<br>
ones didn't.<br>
A typically well-done comparison test from Rider magazine and a
must-read<br>
for anyone in the market for a non-leather riding suit.<br>
Regards,<br>
Paul Wilson<br>
Toronto, Canada<br>
- -----Original Message-----<br>