Re: Should I?

"J.R. Daker" wrote:

> I've ridden a Speed Triple and a 595, and since Triumph has forsaken
> the 1982 Kawasaki frames, I'm very impressed with the bikes' fit and
> finish.  They seem really well screwed together.  Is that just a first
> impression?  How are they, say, 7k miles later?  Any known (or unknown)
> problems that seem to crop up on these bikes?

John, I can't comment on the prices as I know that they've changed for
the '00 models. It may be hard to find a used ST as their owners seem to
like them ;-)!

My husband & I each have an ST.  My ST is 300 miles shy of 15,000, and
his ST is at approximately 12,000.00.  We LOVE them!!  We took a 4200
mile round trip to Park City, Utah on them, and the only problem we had
was with Richard's battery which had to be replaced in Roswell, NM (at
6,000 miles).  We did have to stop in Albequerque at the dealer there
because Richard's stearing head was making a noise through center, but
we had been riding in rain/grit, and a small amount of dirt had wedged
in there and was quickly removed.  I figure that could happen with any
bike in the conditions we were in.

My bike had a few recalls that do not affect the '00 model (sump bolts &
center stand), but Richard's bike had neither.  His bike has the now
famous gas guage that does not function well, but mine works fine.
There was also a wire routing problem that has evidently been fixed on
later models as well.  I view everything but the battery problem as
"teething pains" for a first year model bike.

> If I can get enough feedback, I may ride to work Monday on an ST.
> Maybe.

I cannot tell you how much we have enjoyed these machines.  Ride one and
you will be hooked like the rest of us.  It's a decision I've never
regretted!! Enjoy!

Lisa White
Houston, Texas

End of st-digest V2000 #28