Re: new guy, looking for a sport-tourer (longish... )

Misha Monder <misha.monder@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> sprint st:
> - loverly torque band from down low.

One of the very best features of the bike.

> - seating is a big change from the f650. seemed fairly comfortable though.

I added GenMar risers which brought the bars up 1.25" and back 1/2" making
it even more comfortable for me.

> - wind protection is ok except for the fact that the wind seems to hit the
> helmet at a level which threatens to pull the helmet off my head!

I had the problem too.  It was nicely solved by installing the optional tall
screen.

> - changing direction is almost effortless (if you've ridden the f650, you
> know what effortless turning is!)
> - the suspension seemed fine but then i'm not a very aggressive rider
(plus
> i wasnt interested in exploring the limits of this bike on my ride on it)

Despite all the complaints I've read in the press on the suspension, I find
it to be quite nice.  But I'm like you; not an agressive rider.

> - the tires seemed a slippery in the twisties though. i hear the stock
tires
> are not the best sport-touring tires you can get ...
> - smoooth motor. wonderful snarl.

Uh huh.

> - all in all a friendly bike that's fun to ride.

Definately!

> - the bike i rode was hard to get into neutral. does this improve or do
you
> just get used to it and call it character ;-) ?

I found it significantly improved when I hit 1,300 miles.

I hope this info helps.
- --
Bill Flowers -- Never Say Die
'00 Sapphire Blue Triumph Sprint ST "Jewel"
- --
New Years Resolution: SaddleSore (tm) 1000 or bust!