First leg done

Arrived in CT yesterday - 1300 miles in 22 hours - not to bad considering I
was just running and not pushing it trying to set new land speed records.
Spent a good portion of time early on testing the water handling of the new
tires. I must say that I was very impressed with the handling of the Dragon
GTSs. It finally stopped raining in about the Savannah area.

The roads were full of idiots - everybody headed out for the July 4th
weekend - and I came very near total loss several times. Definitely not a
weekend to let down your guard..... The biggest offenders were the guys that
had 30 foot camper trailers tied to the SUVs yet felt as if they were still
driving a porsche....

The one notable item from the interstate - it cost me almost $20US in tolls
from Baltimore to NYC - what is up with that ? At one point I went about 15
miles over no structure that I could see and had to pay a $4 toll....

The CT roads have been great fun - had forgotten what hills looked like....
(and felt like....)  :-)))))

- - Eric

BTW - mileage varied from about 45 during the heat of the day to 51 during
the overnight. I'm not sure if it was the change in the elevation or
temperature, but there was a definite difference.