RE: Shift Lever

Rick & all

After the debate about the change in gera-shift, I e-mailed Triumph UK for
their answer. It's pasted in below:

From: Andrea Friggi [Andrea.Friggi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 June 2000 11:50
To: 'dave.mac@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Pedal, Gearchange, Assembly T2080373

Dave,

The ST now features the same gearchange linkage as introduced on the Daytona
and Speed Triple last year.   This part is retro-fitable and I will ask our
accessories department to confirm the part number and price.  Please note
however that fitting this part to models bearing the earlier gearshift will
not be undertaken under warranty.

Kind regards,

Andrea Friggi
Triumph Motorcycles Ltd

Funny thing is, they still call it a linkage rather than a (shift) lever.
Anyway armed with a ruler, I visited my dealer over the weekend to check it
out. If they do fit exactly the same shift, it is going to be incredibly
close to the foot-peg and would explain the problems associated with
boot-size!! My size 12's will be a struggle. The dealer had a number of new
ST's and RS's, but none with the new shift. I guess it must be a 2001 model
fit? Also saw my first new blue 595. Whow! Neat or what.

On the down side, my Triumph family reduced on Saturday! Sadness. SWMBO has
eventually decided the Legend was just too heavy for her and traded it for a
Suzuki SV650S. Neat bike, but guess it makes her a traitor to the cause!

Regards

Dave McCarthy

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!