Re: Welsh Roads (Not Triumph Specific)

Ken at 12:13 02/07/2000 , you wrote:

<Snip

>Immediately after the tolls, you need to be looking for the junction which
>takes you to Chepstow. Provided it's dry, head off there and follow the
>excellently twisty A466 road, past the ruins of Tintern Abbey, through the
>Wye Valley up to Monmouth.

Good choice.

>Now you have choices. Get to Brecon and turn north on the A470 which will
>(eventually) take you all the way to North Wales through some of the most
>amazing scenery you have ever ridden through,

If you take the A470, rather than loop the top of North Wales turn right at
Dolgellau onto the A494 to Bala. Just out of Bala turn left onto the A4212
and pick up the B4501 onto the A5 and turn left. At Cerrigydrudion pickup
either the B5105 into Ruthin or continue a little more and take the A543 to
Denbigh (better option) and drop back down into Ruthin.

Robert,

I only live about 20 miles from Ruthin, so if you have time on your
schedule drop me a line and I'll ride over for a meet. Alternitivly if you
fancy some company from Bala onwards, depending on the day you ride I could
meet you there.

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg & LongTail (00 Blue ST)"