RE: Broken ST - update

Rick Damiani <rickd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
>> jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Regarding the clutch cover, it looks like I'll have to
>> remove the side fairing and belly pan - can I remove these
>> as one piece, or do I have to do them separately? [...]

> The belly pan halves will come off as a single piece (no need to
> seperte them), but the side panels need to come off to provide access
> to two of the bolts holding the belly pan in place.

    As I remembered when I started to take the fairing off yesterday.

    The job went fairly smoothly, but there may be slight seepage from
the new gasket :-(  Is this to be expected with a new gasket?  I thought
I'd removed all of the old gasket from the metal.  I nicked the paint on
the cover in a couple of places; how big does a nick have to be before
it's a worry?  When I put it back together I put a smear of Hylomar Blue
gasket goo on both metal faces, did the bolts up finger tight and then
progressively tightened them all to 9Nm.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_              Of course, this is a heuristic, which
  gillespie.org   / -.--.    ___    is a fancy way of saying that it
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'   doesn't work
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/                    -- Mark-Jason Dominus