Re: Pirelli Dragons and Suspension Update.

At 10:42 PM 7/3/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Just thought I'd like you all know that if you are trying to decide
>on new sneakers the Pirelli Dragon GTS is an awesome choice. I've put
>about 2000 miles on them (500 at sustained speeds of no less than
>80mph and a lot of the time at 100 or so) as for wear the front when
>measured new had 4.9mm of tread depth it now has 4.7mm  :-)))
>the rear when new had 6.9mm it now has 6.mm . They stick great rain
>or shine and are VERY confidence inspiring.

Interesting. I've read several magazine reviews (in different mags) that
say the Pirellis make a bike difficult to throw into a turn. I think the
last test I read was a comparo of 600s (R6, TT600, something else). The mag
said that once they changed the tires to D207s, the handling of the bike
was completely different and much better.

I'm pretty happy with my 205s on the ST but I'm not looking to tweak it out
for track use. I'm thinking of getting a VTR and spending time and $$ on
suspension, tires, etc. for sport riding.

Glad the Pirellis are working for you. I just didn't get a very warm and
fuzzy feeling for them given the mag reviews.

- --David
Dress up your Triumph. Get HubAmmo!

http://members.home.com/dbenj/arno/index.htm