Re[2]: Pirelli Dragons and Suspension Update.

>Would be the same. except since I was paying the $60.00 and hour
>labor it was more cost effective to simply
>switch one leg to 10wt giving us an averaged 7.5wt. From what I
>understand it's pretty common for suspension tuners to just change
>things in one leg if they are looking to just tweak the performance.

I'm no expert in fluid dynamics, but it doesn't seem like it would average
out. To me it seems like it would dampen biased towards the fork with the
10 weight, and the fork with the 5 weight is just going to go along for the
ride, not really contributing much. I've also heard that the forks should
always be filled with the same amount of the same type of fluid because
they are meant to work together identically. Otherwise you can induce extra
stiction because they aren't reacting together as a unit.

Matt Knowles - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/sprintst.html
Red '99 Sprint ST - San Jose, CA