Re: Alligator Alley

Previously, you (Keith Peters) wrote:
> I drove this road a couple of years ago while I was over on honeymoon and
> remember thinking that fuel outlets where rather far apart and I would not
> like to have been on a bike at the time. Obviously I was over reacting as
> you managed the journey okay. From memory I only recall one garage in the
> middle. Is this route as bad as I remember or was it just tourist paranoia
> at the time?

Alligator Alley is probably still as barren as it ever was.  However
given the 200+ mile range of a Sprint it is no problem.

I left my home in Clearwater with 100.0 miles on the tripmeter since the
last fill up.  Somewhere between Sarasota and Fort Meyers (as I recall)
I filled again -- 100.5 miles later.  Then I continued south on I-75,
across the Alley to Fort Lauderdale, then north to Boca Raton and back
to Fort Lauderdale before stopping to fill again after 220+ miles of
riding, much of it at triple digits.

Like I said: no problem.

You've gotta love this bike!  :-)

- --