Re: Crashing and things that suck

Gaske David G DLVA wrote:

>     Two weeks ago I crashed.

Sorry to hear it, David! I hope you heal quickly.

>   But do have a quick question.  Has anyone ever heard of the insurance
> company wanting to have your helmet sent in so they can make sure it needs
> replacing, then not send it back?

No, but I've never put in a claim for a helmet, either. If they say your
helmet doesn't need replacing, though, make sure you ask for the x-ray
so you can verify that the crushable foam has not, in fact, been
compressed anywhere. Personally, the only folks I'd trust to declare a
helmet safe for use after a crash is the factory, but YMMV...

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA