Re: Brakes, Tunes, Fuel Leaks, Coolant Leaks, etc., etc., etc.

Previously, you (David McCarthy) wrote:

> Sorry, no news on dying batteries, yet! I did however panic yesterday trying
> to start it after a short ferry crossing last night. Lights but no ignition.
> You guessed it. Some smart ass-hole had hit the "Kill Switch".

Something similar happened to me recently.  A friend was visiting (no,
not you, Dilbert Dawg) and I let him sit on my bike.  To keep the alarm
from arming I had the key in the "on" position.  When he got off
everything looked OK (lights were still on) but the panel lights were
off and it wouldn't turn over!

A few frantic moments turning the key on-and-off, before SWMBO noticed
the kill switch which I never use anymore.  Did I ever feel silly! But
from now on I'll know to check that under similar circumstances.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL
'00 Sapphire Blue ST "Jewel"