Fuel Senders

My fuel sender worked for approximately 20,000 miles. Then I had the
Triumph CF can installed with the new tune and now all bets are off!
The gauge registered erratically and the light comes on early.  Last
fill up the light was on and I only put 3.5 gallons in it!  I have a
problem ignoring the light, especially since I know my mileage will go
down with the new can.  After a few more tanks, I'll be more comfortable
trusting my trip meter.

We're headed to the Texas Hill Country in a week & a half to ride with
our friend from South Africa, Carl Koch, who will be over on this side
of the pond for a couple of weeks.  He rides a '98 Sprint Exec. at home
and his wife rides a Speed Triple.  Anyway, I'm not having anything done
with the fuel sender until AFTER we get back.  I don't want find a
puddle in my garage as I go to get on the bike to leave , as would be my
luck . . . .

Lisa White
'99 Sprint ST