Re: Our Bikes

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BFEC9E.2CA964B0

Daphne,
    You wrote "Don't know what caused it (the bike has truly been =
babied) but valves, seals, etc. were replaced". What exactly do you mean =
by "babied"? I am not sure the reply by Erik Miner is very accurate. =
Usually problems such as yours are from not breaking the bike in =
properly. I ran the "Running in oil" and have gone through 2 changes of =
the Mobil 1 MX4T synthetic oil and Triumph filters in 6K miles, just as =
Triumph recommends. It uses no oil. You need to run the running in oil =
and take it easy at first to seat in the rings and valve seals and other =
moving parts because synthetic oils allow much less wear (that's why we =
pay all that money). If you "ride like Erik" (and I am afraid I do, =
except during the break in period) before everything wears in properly =
it will push oil through the rings and valve seals.
    I live in Minnesota and cold starts are usually blamed for premature =
engine wear. Even if you live in warmer climates, it is advisable to let =
your bike warm by riding moderately a ways before beginning to thrash =
it.
Ciao,
Bob Fastner - Maplewood, Minnesota USA '99 Red ST

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - $7.99/mo! ------

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BFEC9E.2CA964B0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Daphne,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You wrote "Don't =
know what=20
caused it (the bike has truly been babied) but valves, seals, etc. were=20
replaced". What exactly do you mean by "babied"? I am not sure the reply =
by Erik=20
Miner is very accurate. Usually problems such as yours are from not =
breaking the=20
bike in properly. I ran the "Running in oil" and have gone through 2 =
changes of=20
the Mobil 1 MX4T synthetic oil and Triumph filters in 6K miles, just as =
Triumph=20
recommends. It uses no oil. You need to run the running in oil and take =
it easy=20
at first to seat in the rings and valve seals and other moving parts =
because=20
synthetic oils allow much less wear (that's why we pay all that money). =
If you=20
"ride like Erik" (and I am afraid I do, except during the break in =
period)=20
before everything wears in properly it will push oil through the rings =
and valve=20
seals.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I live in Minnesota =
and cold=20
starts are usually blamed for premature engine wear. Even if you live in =
warmer=20
climates, it is advisable to let your bike warm by riding =
moderately&nbsp;a ways=20
before beginning to thrash it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ciao,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Fastner - Maplewood, Minnesota USA =
'99 Red=20
ST<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

</center></p>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01BFEC9E.2CA964B0--