re: trailer loading, tongue weight (was: neat little motorcycle trailer)

Professor Jim commented:

>	Whoa there, boy! More than half the mass of the loaded trailer should
>be between the wheels and the tongue for good stability, but that's not the
>same as the tongue weight.

Ok so maybe I didn't explain it in really technical terms, but I think
we're saying the same thing. You don't want the trailer lifting the vehicle
that is doing the towing, nor do you want an excessive amount of weight on
the hitch. When I was talking about the weight I wasn't refering to the
total weight of the trailer, I was talking about the load in or on the
trailer, assuming of course that the trailer itself has been designed
properly.

I'll make sure I don't try to talk about countersteering with you! :^)

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com