Re: Our Bikes

>     You wrote "Don't know what caused it (the bike has truly been =
> babied) but valves, seals, etc. were replaced". What exactly do you mean =
> by "babied"? I am not sure the reply by Erik Miner is very accurate. =
> Usually problems such as yours are from not breaking the bike in =
> properly. I ran the "Running in oil" and have gone through 2 changes of =

"Babied" in this case means the bike was run-in according to the RPM
restrictions on the little tank sticker. "Babied" means that it was operated
in such a why that the original tires still have another few thousand miles
of tread left on them (according to mechanic) . "Babied" means I don't
suffer delusions that I'm a member of the Hayden clan, so I don't ride
around the streets chasing cars like they're checked flags. "Babied" in this
case means that in all likelihood, whoever took ownership of this particular
bike would have had problems.

I'm not complaining. I like my bike and have only been mildly inconvenienced
by the problems. Whether or not a manufactor is building bullet proof
motorcycles is less important to me than how they handle problems that do
arise.

Daphne