Re: Triumph 2000 Rally - Australia

Subject: Triumph 2000 Rally - Australia

> Anyone out there going to the above mentioned Rally at Jindabyne in
> November? This will be my first Rally and I was wondering if anyone has
any
> war stories from previous ones. I live in Sydney, if there are a few of us
> travelling down from here it may be a blast to ride down together.

I went last year, rode up with the organised ride from Melbourne and met 3
friends at the rally.  The alpine way can be a bit of a problem if you don't
like dirt... it is a bit gnarly in parts... although there is an alternative
(longer and more round-a-bout) route that is all tar.  The accommodation we
had was 6 berth shared ski lodges (we only had 4 in ours though).  The event
was well organised and terrific fun :)

> Whilst on the subject, what is a Concours ? The program of events for the
> weekend advertises a "Triumph Concours and Barbeque lunch"

A concours is a competition between a group of bikes for what amounts to the
best presented bike in the competition... think highly polished, sometimes
modified, probably trailered to the rally... and definitely not ridden down
the dirt section of  the Alpine Way ;-)

Cheers
Geoff Hansford
99 Sprint ST "Patterson"