oil leak (down sidestand) / new program

Hi Listers,
after 2 weeks away I went to the ST this morning to find a small pool of oil by the sidestand 'foot'. Last time I used it was riding it back from the dealers after the 20,000km service.
I cant find a source for the leak, and the amount is quite small.   Could it just be overfilled, and the result of leaving it on a slight forward slope in the garage?
As an aside, the performance increase from the upload of the new EFI program (sports pipe version) is very surprising.  The improvements in smoothness and low-range torque make it feel like someone added a turbo?  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have had 4 programs so far since March 1999 and this is the first to make any real difference (other than slight fuel economy gains).  Perhaps there was really something else wrong that was fixed at the service eg. air filter?  Oh well, nothing to complain about.
cheers
Jonathan