RE: Veto alarm

"Stepan, Andreas" wrote:

> Anyone knows how to disable the automatic arming on the veto alarm. It's
> driving me crazy :=(

Well, unless you totally disconnect the alarm, there is no way to stop it
arming automatically when you turn off the ignition and wait 30 seconds.
But there are a few other things you can do:

- - if you want to work on the bike, then put the alarm into "ferry mode",
which disables the motion sensor.  To do this, switch the ignition off, let
the alarm arm automatically and then put it into ferry mode by holding the
triangle button down until the alarm squeaks.  Mine seems to need the remote
control to be close to the right-hand rear fairing (where the alarm is) to
do this easily

- - if you want to take out the battery, e.g. to recharge it, put the alarm
into "maintenance mode", which completely disables the alarm.  As far as I
remember, to do this, disarm the alarm, switch on the ignition and then hold
down the circle button for several seconds until the alarm starts to bleep
every thirty seconds.  I might have got that wrong, so check the manual.
This leaves the bike totally unprotected and the bleeping can really annoy
neighbours, so it's not a good idea unless you have a safe place to do it.

As I found to my cost last year, the Veto alarm can be sensitive to radio
interference, so if you park near a radio transmitter you may be unable to
disarm the alarm - the radio signals mess up the signals going from the
remote control to the alarm.  Usually you can solve the problem by pushing
the bike (with alarm screaming) about 10-20 metres, behind a building, where
the radio signals are weaker.

Hope that helps,

Neil